The European Youth Card Association (EYCA) is a non-profit organisation that represents 39 youth card organisations in 36 countries across Europe. All are committed to promoting youth mobility and active citizenship to more than 5 million cardholders. EYCA has one member organisation in every country/territory where it is represented; this member develops the youth card and provides young people access to discounts and benefits in the fields of mobility, accommodation, culture, services and products. EYCA member organisations are NGOs and private foundations as well as state and public institutions and social benefit enterprises. The highest governing body is the General Assembly, which elects ten members of the Board and the President.
A Europe where all young people are mobile and active
Member organisations work together to stimulate more young people to be socially, culturally, educationally and economically mobile by:
- Delivering quality European Youth Card services
- Contributing to better policy on youth mobility and active citizenship
- by generating, disseminating and using knowledge of young people and continuously focusing all EYCA activities on young people
- by appealing to all young people and creating opportunities for all young people to participate, taking account of diversity and differential needs of excluded groups
- by investing to continuously develop and improve services and opportunities for long-term impact
- by actively participating and taking responsibility in the further development of the association
- by innovating new solutions and engaging young people to co-create and implement them
EYCA was founded in 1987 and its office is based in Brussels, Belgium.
Annual Reports of EYCA: