We're hiring! Project Coordinator position open in the EYCA Brussels office
EYCA is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our office in Brussels, preferably starting in October 2018. The ideal candidate should have the following profile:
Work experience (3-5 years)
- Relevant experience in the European youth sector: projects, policies or training areas;
- Relevant experience in coordinating multi-stakeholder, large-scale European projects;
- A good track record in coordinating projects funded via EU programmes and following the full cycle of project management: from developing the grant application to reporting;
- A strong interest in youth civic engagement and public participation;
- Experience in working with public institutions (from the local to the European level);
- Experience in working with membership-based organisations;
- Experience in communication campaigns is desirable;
- Open to learning about databases, mobile applications and content management systems as used in European Youth Card operations.
- English: Proficient (C1-C2)
- Spanish: Proficient (C1-C2)
- French: Intermediate (B1-B2)
- Minimum BA Degree in social sciences or business administration;
- A good understanding of the European institutional design.
- Coordinating a large-scale, European project related to the upcoming EU elections in 2019:
- Technical coordination among partners and implementation of the action plan;
- Financial planning and management of documentation;
- Communication with networks of young people;
- Frequent travel related to project activities;
- Any other aspects related to the implementation of activities.
- Offer specific support to part of EYCA’s membership;
- Technical and financial coordination of other EYCA projects, mainly related to European volunteering, and direct communication with beneficiaries;
- Develop grant applications for EU calls (mainly in youth sector) related to youth mobility, civic participation and organisational development: grant writing and managing documentation.
What we offer
- Friendly, multi-cultural working environment in our Brussels office;
- 24.000 Euros annual remuneration under a consultancy / self-employment contact;
- Reimbursement of monthly transportation costs in Brussels area (50 Euros/month) and lunch vouchers;
- 20 days of annual paid leave;
- The contract is for 1 year with the possibility of extension.
The Project Coordinator is expected to start in October.
How to apply
Candidates are invited to send an updated CV, a cover letter and the contact details of at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 24th of September 2018. Please mention ‘Project coordinator _your last name’ in the subject line.
Due to the expected high number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps.