The European Youth Card Association (EYCA) is a non-profit organisation that represents 40 youth card organisations in 38 countries across Europe. EYCA member organisations issue the European Youth Card to over 7 million young people, providing them with over 37.000 discounts and special services and programmes. All EYCA members are committed to promoting youth mobility and active citizenship. For more information, please visit www.eyca.org.
EYCA’s office in Brussels is responsible for managing the association, developing and implementing new projects and programmes in addition to working for empowering Europe’s Youth. EYCA is led by the EYCA Board which is supported by the Secretariat.
We are now looking for a Project Assistant, preferably starting in February 2021. The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
Work experience (3-5 years)
- Relevant experience in the European youth sector: projects, policies or training areas;
- Relevant experience in working with multi-stakeholder, large-scale European projects;
- A good track record in coordinating activities funded via EU programmes and following the full cycle of a project: from contributing to a grant application to reporting;
- A strong interest in youth civic engagement and public participation;
- Experience in working with public institutions (from the local to the European level);
- Experience in working with membership-based organisations;
- Proven track record of being organised and supporting with office and project operations (ex. organising documents, communications related to specific activities).
- English: Proficient (C1-C2)
- French: Intermediate (B1-B2)
- Any other language is an asset
- Minimum BA Degree in social sciences or business administration;
- A good understanding of the European institutional design.
- Support with coordination of a large-scale, European project related to the upcoming Conference on the Future of Europe in 2021:
- Technical coordination among partners and implementation of the action plan;
- Assistance in financial planning and management of documentation;
- Communication and offering support to a network of 20 young people across Europe;
- Frequent travel related to project activities and or/attending on-line meetings;
- Any other aspects related to the implementation of activities.
- Offer specific support to EYCA’s membership;
What we offer
- Friendly, multicultural working environment in our Brussels office where you can grow professionally;
- 3.200 gross monthly salary under a full-time contract, based on Belgian law;
- Reimbursement of monthly transportation costs in Brussels area (50 Euros/month) and lunch vouchers;
- 20 days of paid annual leave;
- The contract is for 16 months with the possibility of extension.
The Project Assistant is expected to start anytime during February 2021.
How to apply
Candidates are invited to send an updated CV, a cover letter and the contact details of at least one reference to email@example.com by the 10th of January 2021.
Please mention ‘Project Assistant _ your last name’ in the subject line.
Non-discrimination and equal opportunities.
The principles of non-discrimination and equal treatment are among our core values at EYCA. As a pan-European organisation, EYCA works for and represents all citizens in greater Europe. We, therefore, recognise the importance of attracting, developing and retaining a body of staff which reflects the diversity of European societies today. We are convinced that diversity is a strength in the workplace and that harnessing this diversity will create a productive environment in which everyone feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised, and where organisational goals are met.
We therefore welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief, or sexual orientation.
All applicants, whether EU or non-EU citizens, are considered equally. Please, note that all candidates need to have the right to work in Belgium before applying.
Any relevant volunteering experience will be positively considered.
Note: *Due to the expected high number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps.
This is a Brussels-based position. The successful candidate is expected to relocate to Brussels as soon as the current Covid-19 restrictions allow.*
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER OPEN