The European Youth Card Association (EYCA) is a non-profit organisation that represents 40 youth organisations in 38 countries across Europe. EYCA member organisations issue the European Youth Card to over 7 million young people, providing them with over 37.000 discounts and special services and programmes. All EYCA members are committed to promoting youth mobility and active citizenship.
As part of the lead-up to the Conference on the Future of Europe, EYCA was selected to implement activities with young people to engage and educate them about EU institutions and policy issues addressed by the European Union. Young people aged 16–24 will have the opportunity to contribute and share their ideas on what type of European Union they want to live in. Themes such as climate change, equality, democratic participation etc. will be addressed throughout the year.
The initiative aims to empower and mobilise young people aged 16–24 to engage in the Conference on Future of Europe by offering a platform to make their voice heard on issues they care about and want to see as part of the public agenda of the European Union. This project is funded by the European Union.
EYCA is looking for a facilitator/team of facilitators to lead:
- Coordination meeting for project partners – 3 days
- Joint session of project coordinators and Youth Activists – 1 day
- Youth Activists training focused on empowering participation in democratic life – 3 days
- Evaluation meeting with organisers – 1 day
All events will be organised in Gran Canaria, Spain from 20-28 March 2021. The participants will comprise a mix of youth sector specialists and young activists from across Europe. The purpose of the meetings is to kick-off and coordinate a year-long project aiming to increase youth participation in the upcoming Conference on the Future of Europe.
The facilitator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare and develop the agenda and methodology for all meetings, considering the specificities of participants profile
- Prepare a hybrid (both online and in-person) programme for all meetings
- Ensure the objectives of coordination meetings are achieved
- Ensure the (learning) objectives of the training for Youth Activists are met
- Lead the evaluation sessions
- Galvanise the group’s energy to kick off the project
- Lead brainstorming and activity planning sessions
- Deliver an advanced draft report for each of the activities
The facilitator should meet the following criteria:
- Experience in leading seminars and trainings on youth participation
- Experience in working with young people or in the youth sector
- Familiar with civic participation tools
- Ability to lead a group of diverse individuals and to maintain the group’s focus on clear pathways
- Experience in presenting via video technology is desirable, as the meeting will be in a hybrid format (in-person & online)
- A good command of English is essential
The facilitator has to be able and willing to travel to Gran Canaria, Spain from 20-28 March 2021.
How to apply?