The European Youth Card Association (EYCA) is a non-profit organisation that represents 40 youth organisations in 38 countries across Europe. EYCA member organisations issue the European card Youth Card to over 7 million young people, providing them with over 37.000 discounts and special services and programmes. All EYCA members are committed to promoting youth mobility and active citizenship. For more information, please take a look at our website.
EYCA’s office in Brussels is responsible for managing the association, developing and implementing new projects and programmes in addition to working for empowering Europe’s Youth. EYCA is led by the EYCA Board which is supported by the Secretariat.
We are now looking for a Communications Manager, preferably starting in February 2021. The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
Work experience (5 - 7 years)
- Previous experience in communication-based campaigns is a must, with a preference for European-related topics;
- Relevant experience in a similar position, whether in an NGO or private sector;
- Relevant experience in coordinating multi-stakeholder, large-scale European campaigns with a social and / or advocacy impact;
- Relevant experience in working with (re)branding creation process, creative agency, influencers marketing and strategic use of social media tools;
- A strong interest in youth civic engagement and public participation;
- Aware and/or open to learn about youth media trends;
- Digital skills in video editing, graphic design (Photoshop, InDesign, etc), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Web Analytics;
- Experience in working with public institutions (from the local to the European level) is desirable;
- Experience in working with membership-based organisations is desirable;
- Open to learning about databases, mobile applications and content management systems as used in European Youth Card operations.
- English: Proficient (C1-C2)
- French: Proficient (C1- C2)
- Any other language is an asset
Education and personal skills
- Minimum BA Degree in communication and marketing;
- A very good understanding of the European institutional design;
- Strong critical thinking and capacity to provide high-quality input to contractual agents.
- Coordinating the communication dimension of a large-scale, European project (campaign) related to the upcoming Conference on the Future of Europe process and youth engagement:
- Develop and implement the communication strategy for the campaign, based on the concept already approved by the donor;
- Develop the branding of the campaign materials and texts for project website;
- Collect, edit, and distribute photo and video content reflecting the efforts of young people at grass roots, but also relevant topics to stimulate youth engagement;
- Manage the on-line outreach strategy of the campaign, within the limits of a given budget and indicators;
- Manage sub-contracted agents for communication and campaigning work, ensuring that all contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Keep updated with topics and agenda of the Conference on the Future of Europe process;
- Any other aspects related to the implementation of communication and outreach of the project.
- Work together with Project Manager, and the rest of EYCA office to achieve the objectives of the campaign;
- Supervises specific tasks of the Project Assistant, when necessary;
- Offer specific communication and branding support to EYCA’s membership
What we offer
- Friendly, multicultural working environment in our Brussels office;
- 4.200 Euros gross monthly remuneration under a full-time contract based on Belgian law;
- Reimbursement of monthly transportation costs in Brussels area (50 Euros/month) and lunch vouchers;
- 20 days of paid annual leave;
- The contract is for 16 months with the possibility of extension.
The Communications Manager is expected to start anytime in February 2021.
How to apply
Please mention ‘Communications Manager _ your last name’ in the subject line.
Non-discrimination and equal opportunities.
The principles of non-discrimination and equal treatment are among our core values at EYCA. As a pan-European organisation, EYCA works for and represents all citizens in greater Europe. We, therefore, recognise the importance of attracting, developing and retaining a body of staff which reflects the diversity of European societies today. We are convinced that diversity is a strength in the workplace and that harnessing this diversity will create a productive environment in which everyone feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised, and where organisational goals are met.
We therefore welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief, or sexual orientation.
All applicants, whether EU or non-EU citizens, are considered equally. Please, note that all candidates need to have the right to work in Belgium before applying.
Any relevant volunteering experience will be positively considered.
Note: *Due to the expected high number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps.
This is a Brussels-based position. The successful candidate is expected to relocate to Brussels as soon as the current Covid-19 restrictions allow.*
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER OPEN