The European Youth Card Association (EYCA) is a non-governmental, not-for-profit association of 40 member organisations that issue the European Youth Card to over 7 million young people in 38 countries across Europe.
As part of its efforts to engage young people in the Conference on the Future of Europe, EYCA implements the project #IStandFor.. - COMM/SUBV/2020/E/0027 funded by the European Parliament. In the framework of this project, EYCA is looking to hire research services in the field of youth for a duration of 4 months (June – September 2021).
The project is implemented in 16 EU member states and is led by a network of 21 Youth Activists. Throughout the summer of 2021, youth activists and project partners are implementing a series of youth activities, both online and offline. EYCA aims to use the opportunity offered by these activities to collect young people’s recommendations for the Conference on Future of Europe in a structured manner and to understand better youth attitudes towards the EU. The main target group is represented by young people aged 16 – 25 years old, living in Europe.
In this context, EYCA is looking for a researcher/team of researchers to support with research instrument design and analyse the collected data. EYCA and partners will ensure the biggest part of outreach to respondents (young people), using the infrastructure we already have in place.
Objectives of the research:
- Collect young people’s proposals, ideas and recommendations for the Conference on Future of Europe
- Understand young people’s attitudes towards the European Union
Expected outcomes and deliverables:
- Design the survey or any other instrument to collect young people’s opinions. The survey will be hosted on the project’s website: istandfor.eu.
- Analyse the data
- Deliver a comprehensive report (max 25 pages) highlighting the main recommendations of young people and their attitudes towards the EU.
Timeframe of the contracting process and key dates:
- Deadline to submit documentation: 24 May at 23.59 CET
- Evaluation of received offers and selection: before 28 May
- Contractual dates: 1st June – 30th of September 2021
- Launch of the survey: (no later than) 15 June 2021
- Collecting young people’s responses: mid-June to mid-September 2021
- Data Analysis and report delivery: 15 – 30 September 2021.
Estimated budget: The maximum budget available is 2500 euros (VAT included).
- The selected researcher/team of researchers should be available for two hours online meeting on the first week of June.
- The Working language is English.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documentation:
- CVs and Portfolio with links to previous publications
- Financial offer, including expected number of working days, the fee per day (VAT included) and estimated distribution of working days throughout the four months of the contract
- A draft plan of proposed research and approach.